Thursday, January 12, 2012

Bianca

Happy New Year!
This morning I felt like I'd finally arrived in 2012 ... I guess I'm on a different, slower schedule...maybe aiming for the Chinese New Year...eventually.




This past week I had an idea that doing life drawings in charcoal hadn't served me very well. Charcoal pencils make much darker life drawings than graphite, but I didn't feel like I had as much control, or could take the time to get all the gradations in values that would make them beautiful. I found a bunch of examples that confirmed these thoughts and had planned to post them last week, but I couldn't bring myself to.
Then today I dug through stacks of pastels and I found these. Maybe September 2010 was a good month for life drawing or maybe it's the paper or maybe I was getting in lots of sessions (the most probable reason), but I ended up thinking that charcoal was o.k.

No comments:

Post a Comment